Di pakai untuk menunjukkan suatu perbuatan yang akan selesaiterjadi pada waktu yang tertentu di waktu yang akan dating. Di sini yang menarik perhatian kita adalah kenyataan selesainya perbuatan itu, bukanlah waktu terjadinya prbuatan itu.
1. I’ve read three of Shaw’s plays.
(saya telah membaca 3 dari cerita lakon sandiwara karya Shaw: = saya mengetahui tentang lakon itu sekarang).
2. I shall have read seven of Shaw’s plays by the end of the year.
(Saya akan sudah membaca 7 dari lakon-lakon sandiwara karya Shaw pada akhir tahun ini; = saya akan mengetahui tentang lakon-lakon itu nantinya).
– They hope they will have mastered all the tenses by the times the exam comes. (Mereka berharap bahwa mereka akan telah menguasai semua tenses pada waktu ujian tiba).
– When summer has started you will have forgotten all about those problems. (Apabila musim panas telah mulai kamu akan sudah melupakan semua tentang masalah itu)
– The train will leave the station at 9am. You will arrive at the station at 9.15am. When you arrive, the train will have left. (
– You can call me at work at 8am. I will have arrived at the office by 8.
– They will be tired when they arrive. They will not have slept for a long time.
– “Mary won’t be at home when you arrive.”
“Really? Where will she have gone?”
– You will have perfected your English by the time you come back from the U.S.
– Will you have perfected your English by the time you come back from the U.S.?
– You will not have perfected your English by the time you come back from the U.S.
– By next November, I will have received my promotion.
– By the time he gets home, she is going to have cleaned the entire house.
– I am not going to have finished this test by 3 o’clock.
– Will she have learned enough Chinese to communicate before she moves to Beijing?
– Sam is probably going to have completed the proposal by the time he leaves this afternoon.
– By the time I finish this course, I will have taken the tests.
– How many countries are you going to have visited by the time you turn 50?
– I will have been in Lombok for six months by the time I leave.
– By Monday, Tini is going to have had my book for a week.
– They will have completed the project before the deadline
– They are going to have completed the project before the deadline
– We will have worked at the school 25 years next week.
– My brother will be tired when he gets here, because he will have flown 12 hours.
– The students will have finished all their exams tomorrow. I’m sure they will be happy.
– They will have graduated from STAIN by March 2011.
– I will have retired by the end of the year.
– I read 40 pages a day. If I keep up the pace, I will have read the book by Tuesday.
– I will have sent the project by Friday.
– On 11 August this year we will have been married for five years.
– When the mountaineers get back to the base, they’ll have been in the snowstorm for two days.
– We’ll have reached the top before noon.
– How long will she have worked here by the end of this year?
B. BENTUK UMUM
1. Positive sentence
The leaves will have fallen from the trees after two months. ( Daun-daun akan sudah berguguran dari pohph-pohon sesudah dua bulan)
- He will have been a dentist by 1998
– Dewi will have been healthy by tonight.
– Miss Cathy will have been here by two more years.
1. Negative Sentence
I hope when you have finished doing your homework, you won’t have made many mistakes in it.
- He won’t have been a doctor by next year.
– They won’t have been happy by 2012.
– The students won’t have been here by next Thursday.
2. Interrogative Sentence
– Will you have written your paper by tomorrow?
– What will she have done by the end of this year?
– When will the result of examination have appeared?
- Will you have been an engineer by next year?
– Shall we have been satisfactory by tonight?
– Will she have been here by 2011?
– When will they have been in Solo?
C. PENGGUNAAN ADVERB
Future perfect tense sering digunakan “by” and “not”, “for” dan “until” untuk menunjukkan pekerjaan yang akan selesai di waktu tertentu di masa yang akan datang.
Keterangan waktu dalam tenses ini lebih lazim memakai kata depan ‘by’:
– by the beginning of… = pada awal….
– by the middle of… = pada pertengahan…
– by the end of… = pada akhir…
D. KETENTUAN PENGGUNAAN FUTURE PERFECT TENSE
Future perfect tense digunakan untuk kegiatan yang tidak kontinyu. Keterangan waktunya ditentukan dan dapat dipahami. Seperti semua bentuk ‘future’, future perfect tidak bias digunakan dalam klausa yang dimulai dengan time expressions seperti: when, while, before, after, by the time, as soon as, if, unless, dll.
• I am going to see a movie when I will have finished my homework. salah
• I am going to see a movie when I have finished my homework. benar
Periode waktu yang digunakan biasanya menunjukkan :
next month dll.
We will have worked at the school 25 years next week.
My brother will be tired when he gets here, because he will have flown 12 hours.
The students will have finished all their exams tomorrow. I’m sure they will be happy.
E. BENTUK FUTURE PERFECT DENGAN TO BE GOING TO
[am/is/are + going to have + past participle]
• You are going to have perfected your English by the time you come back from the U.S.
• Are you going to have perfected your English by the time you come back from the U.S.?
• You are not going to have perfected your English by the time you come back from the U.S.
F. ACTIVE / PASSIVE
• They will have completed the project before the deadline. ACTIVE
• The project will have been completed before the deadline. PASSIVE
• They are going to have completed the project before the deadline. ACTIVE